In today’s overcrowded digital landscape, having a clear, strong online presence is crucial for every website.
However, while your website might look great to you, sometimes an external eye is needed to point out possible areas of improvement that you may not have considered — that’s why having a site audit performed by a professional team can be incredibly beneficial. They can point out things that you may have overlooked and offer advice on how to enhance the user experience.
If you’re unsure whether to take the plunge and invest in a site audit, the team here at Breeez is here to explain the process to you in more detail, so you understand exactly what is going on.
What is a site audit?
A site audit will evaluate the search engine friendliness of your website, working on ways to improve SEO positioning and identifying issues that may be preventing your page from ranking highly on SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). The audit will be conducted by a cross-disciplinary team of professionals, who can suggest improvements across a variety of areas. The clear goal of this review is to help your website reach its full potential.
What are the benefits of a site audit?
Every so often, your website will need a little TLC to ensure it serves its purpose and audience effectively.
There are a myriad of benefits to having a team review your website, including:
- Establishes performance: A site audit will offer valuable insights into how your website is performing, assessing whether key benefits and features are prominently showcased, as well as examining if customers’ needs and expectations are being met.
- Evaluates branding: When multiple disciplines collaborate on a site audit, it allows all aspects of your branding to be evaluated from several unique perspectives. When we conduct a site audit at Breeez, we ask ourselves a whole host of questions. What message does the client want to convey? Are the values and identity of the brand effectively expressed?
- Improves SEO effectiveness: As well as the site itself, here at Breeez, we regularly audit our marketing of it, too. We will review the effectiveness of the SEO, looking at strategies to boost traffic and give you the best possible chance of achieving a high SERP ranking.
- Assesses existing and potential content: What kind of content exists on your site already? Can articles and guides be added to establish you as an industry authority? This valuable content can also build a strong foundation if you want to take on board other services in the future, such as PPC or social marketing.
What topics will be discussed at a site audit?
- What is the purpose of this website?
- Who is the target audience/ideal customer?
- Based on the data, who is the current audience/customer for the existing site?
- What messages do we want to convey?
- What CTAs (calls to action) need to be featured?
- What features/content is there on the existing site/competitors’ sites?
- How can we best utilize the branding?
- What are the needs of the customers? How can we create a simple user journey that accommodates these needs?
- Do we have similar clients at Breeez already? Can we utilize the knowledge, data, and experience we’ve gained from clients in related industries?
What tools will be used during a site audit?
- Google alerts research: Monitoring the web for specific keywords will keep you updated on what’s in the news or trending topics that are related to your products or brand.
- Google trends: This offers insight into the popularity of certain search terms, and can provide information on what’s trending for your service, product, or market share.
- Data analysis tools: Resources such as Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Search Console, and Ahrefs can be used to analyze and interpret user data, and identify patterns and performance trends.
- Keyword research tools: This will help to find relevant and high-traffic keywords related to the niche of your website.
- Search engine manual searches: This will help to assess the search engine visibility of your website and its competitors.
- Core web vitals: Google announced in 2021 that Core Web Vitals will be an SEO ranking factor for websites. This tool measures the technical performance of your site and evaluates how your webpages load, emphasizing the importance of good site speed and performance.
If you’re interested in having your website reviewed by a team of experts, look no further than Breeez. As a full-service digital marketing agency, we can analyze all aspects of your website’s performance to ensure you see quality results in no time.
Operating out of our base in Charlotte, North Carolina, we work with businesses nationwide — get in touch with our experts today to find out more about how we can help improve your online presence.